Monday, March 3, 2008

Just Bloggin along

So I've been checking out other blogging options, specifically Wordpress. Simple, perhaps, but also somewhat frustrating. I started a blog on the annoyance of html in this digital age, especially for those of us with dislexia.

I decided to add a link to my blog, and lo and behold, I had to add it in html. I tried it, and it didn't work. I tried again, reading very carefully the set of letters and symbols required. Writing them down on a separate piece of paper and duly inserting them where required. I took me four tries. And I'm not stupid. And I do get html, I just haven't the patience.

My husband's digital gallery website, a really basic single page but with lightboxes, was constructed on BlueVoda so that I wouldn't have the annoyance of html.

Now I'm looking to set up another website for my father, who is an often overlooked Canadian master (he never had time for self promotion).

I think I'm going to have to succumb, even in this age of drag and drop, to carefully reviewing each and every keystroke to ensure I don't have to deal with this aggravation.

No comments: